Wednesday, April 10, 2013

When the Bough (or water) Breaks...


Baby Arrival!

I will post updates as we go--gotta start with some catching up.

2:30am
I go to the bathroom at my usual time, and when I stand up, I totally leak in my pants. I wasn't sure if it was me peeing myself, or if it was my water breaking. It wasn't a lot, so I thought that maybe it was just myself peeing.  So, I grabbed a close pair of underwear, and put those on. Again, as soon as I stood up, leak!
At this point, I'm thinking it's my water breaking--after all, I didn't feel like I needed to pee anymore, and yet I was still leaking.
The problem is that I really needed to take a shower the day before, but I didn't feel like it. So, I kind of stunk. :) I know that when your water breaks, it isn't supposed to smell. But I couldn't tell, because I really stink. :) Plus, it was really pink. And I hadn't lost my mucus plug yet.

So, I did what Nick would always recommend: I Googled it. I didn't want to go to the hospital and just sit, and I knew that is what would happen if we went, because I wasn't contracting at all. So, I Googled.  And I decided to wait it out the morning to see what else would happen.

3:30, 4:00, 4:30, 5:00
Every half hour, I wake up with lower back pain--exactly like my menstrual cramps. I also went to the bathroom a lot, and would leak every time I got up. This was the main sign that my water had broken, because it kept soaking the pads I put on. But again, not really a super-strong cramp, and they weren't getting closer together, so I wasn't concerned.

7:30
By the time I got up for the day, the cramps had gone down quite a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Same thing happened with my water breaking! I called the nurse and they said to come in though instead of going back to bed. I also stunk and took a shower before going to the hospital. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happened with my water breaking! I called the nurse and they said to come in though instead of going back to bed. I also stunk and took a shower before going to the hospital. Lol

    ReplyDelete