Wednesday, April 3, 2013

THE Salad Dressing

When you get to your due date (and beyond), everyone has suggestions for you on how to get labor started.

The familiar ones get suggested most:
* have sex
* go on long walks
* eat spicy food
* drinking a certain kind of tea

But here in LA, I have gotten a different suggestion altogether.

At church on Sunday, my friend Kerry told me that I needed to go eat at this restaurant in Studio City called Caiote (pronounced the same as coyote). She said that it is known to induce labor for women. In fact, her friend went there to eat, and then a day or so later, had the baby.

Then, at the doctor on Monday, a random couple that I was seated next to in the waiting room asked me when I was due, and they suggested I go to Caiote and get the "The Salad".  She said she had heard about it, and went with her first (and second) child--and ended up going into labor within 24 hours. She actually went back to the restaurant and wrote in a book that they have there for such occasions, saying "Thanks for helping to get the process started!"

Yesterday, Ashley and I went to my friend Emily's house. Emily had her first daughter Ava about 4 months ago, and wanted to give me some of Ava's baby clothes to borrow. While I was there, she said, "I have something else for you!"  She goes into the other room, and comes out with this:


It is the "The Salad" dressing! She said, I heard about this when I was due with Ava, and when I was 3 days late, I ate some--I went into labor the next day!

Here's what the dressing says on the side (click on the picture to make it bigger so you can read it):


Well, here goes nothin'!!


No comments:

Post a Comment