Wednesday, April 10, 2013

6:45pm Update

So, if you did the math, you'll realize that I waited almost 12 hours after my water broke before going to the hospital.  In fact, if it were up to me, I would still be at home. I didn't think it would go over well to skip my Doctor's appointment, though, so I called him to see what he wanted me to do.

I KNEW he would have me come to the hospital. I didn't want to be sitting here with nothing to do, when I could be relaxing and doing things at home.

But, I kept getting the "why aren't you going to the hospital?" question, so I felt like maybe I should. I also figured I needed to get her heartrate monitored, so if she was in some distress, I would be at the hospital.

I am glad that I waited as long as I did.  I really don't feel like she is ready to come yet. So I am slightly frustrated that I am sitting here.  As it is, she is totally fine, and I have minimal contractions.

Only 10% of births start with the water breaking. Oh, I am so glad to be one of those 10% (ha--no).

I am thankful that the hospital is doing their best to follow my wishes. The Dr. is perfectly happy to let things progress as naturally as possible. I am sure if I get to tomorrow morning and there is no progression we will have to discuss Pitocin.  They aren't doing cervical checks (they only did one when I first got here) so I don't need to worry about infections. I'm not being continuously monitored until I start to feel pressure.

It goes back to my previous blog post where I said I know I will need to make some decisions that weren't in my initial plan. I have to be flexible, and be okay with it.

1 comment:

  1. However she comes into this world, it is a miracle and it will be a wonderful story! Will they let you walk around in the hallways? I did it will all three of mine ( felt silly ) but oh well, it was better than sitting.

    ReplyDelete