Monday, January 21, 2013

OB Question

So, I wrote a few weeks ago about how I found my new doctor, and that I really like him a lot.

This weekend, however, I talked to a friend, and when she heard who my doctor was, she got very quiet. Turns out, she used to go to my doctor, and during some kind of exam or procedure, she was injured so badly that she had to have surgery and ended up reporting my doctor to the medical board.

Question: What do I do with this information? Do I try to switch doctors again, or do I just stick with him since I have liked him so far (but, to be fair, he hasn't done any internal examinations or anything)?

3 comments:

  1. oh, that's a tough question. What do you like so much about him? Do you have the names of any other good docs? Has he gotten great reviews from other women? I know it's hard bc you've already switched 1 time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about asking him directly about this? My doctor is very bold in answering questions of this nature. I have been "injured" in a pelvic exam before right before the birth of my 2nd child. They were going to have to give me a C-section but it all worked out. I remember praying about it a lot and I look back on it now and see how the Lord worked it out. Pray about it - see how the Lord leads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to check back to read other comments. I like Andrea's advice. You know, my doctor is very well respected, I feel like I'm in the very best hands, and I just adore him ...he is 67 years old and I'm sure has made mistakes!

    ReplyDelete