Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Letter to Baby

Hey baby girl,

Your daddy is out of town on business this week, which always makes me reflect on him. I really miss him when he is away. You've been kicking like crazy since he's been gone, which I am taking to mean that you miss him, too. You're letting me know that you're still with me!

Let me tell you a little bit about your daddy. You are the luckiest baby girl in the whole world. Your daddy is an amazing man. Did you know, that at one point, I didn't really like your daddy very much?  It's true! When we first met, I thought he was kind of mean--he wouldn't let me use his sweatshirt when it was cold! But very soon after that, I changed my mind about him. He was funny! We would play silly games with each other, and make each other laugh. Plus, we don't like coffee, which is really unusual for people when they get older.

Your daddy makes me laugh. Sometimes, he tries to make me laugh when I'm in a cranky mood, and it only makes me more cranky, until I tell him to stop, but I can't because he makes me laugh.

Your daddy is SO smart. He is always figuring out how to solve these puzzles--not, like crossword puzzles, but like, why the car is making a funny noise, or why one side of the house is warmer than another. And he is SO good at solving those kinds of puzzles! Your daddy can fix anything!! There are other people that are in awe of all the things he is able to do--and if he can't do it, he learns how to do it so he can do it!

Your daddy didn't have the easiest growing up. But that made him such a strong man. He loves me, and I know that he is 1000% committed to me--and now to you too!  He is a little nervous about becoming your daddy, because it's not something he has been taught how to do (of course, I haven't, either!), but just like everything else in his life, he will succeed at it because he is committed to doing the best job that he can. He is such a hard worker!

Your daddy can also be a bulldog. What I mean is that when he gets his mind on something, or believes something to be right, he will not give up on it. I saw this in action the other day when we were charged an unfair fee at the bank. But what makes your daddy so great is that he doesn't get mad! See, if I were trying to solve this problem, I would get frustrated and probably start to yell. But your daddy doesn't yell. I don't think he has ever yelled at me for anything in the years that we have been married. He is very patient, but also very firm. He sticks to his guns, and doesn't let anyone walk all over him. I am hoping that you will learn to trust this strength in him, and realize he is a man of integrity that you can always depend on. When you get older, you might resent this a little bit, because he'll probably not let you do something you want to do, but he wants the best for you at all times.

Your daddy is a cutie, too. He has beautiful blue eyes, and lovely blonde hair. His teeth are perfect (but you should listen to mommy about brushing your teeth), and he has never needed glasses. His sideburns are red, so mommy secretly hopes that you get a little bit of that red hair, too.


I love you, baby girl,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Allison, such a great letter!! I'm glad you're doing this blog.

    ReplyDelete