Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mysterious Medical Maladies

Why does pregnancy bring on such irritating and weird medical issues?



1. I bought Prilosec OTC today on a recommendation from a friend. I'm currently taking around 8-12 Tums a day, which I know can't be good for my system. Trying something new in hopes of having longer-term relief.

2. The bathroom and I have become great friends, due to my constipation. A friend suggested that the Tums I am taking is not helping, which prompted the switch.

3. I have a numb spot on my upper stomach, right in the center, below my bra line. I used to think it was something with my clothes or my bra, rubbing the spot and making it sensitive. But after doing some research, it seems to be a common problem. It's very irritating.

4. I got my first varicose vein, and BOY is it a doozy. Thankfully, I don't really have problems with them when I'm not pregnant, so I heard that they will go away. Also thankfully it doesn't hurt...yet.

5. My back hurts 99% of the time I am laying or sitting down. Ice and I are friends.

6. I have woken up the last 4 days with sharp aches in my back. The uncomfortable stage has begun.

7. My vision has been fuzzy lately. Which freaks me out, because I had Lasik surgery only 2 years ago.


There are also some bonuses:

1. My hair has stopped breaking off, and is thick and easy to style.

2. My nails grow at a ridiculous rate.

3. My skin is the clearest it has ever been. I think I have had one zit on my back in the last 4 months (and if you know ANYTHING about my history, you'll know this is a miracle). I still have my scars, but it's so nice to get a hug from someone, and not be in pain because they hit a particularly painful zit.


Oh, pregnancy, you are weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment