Wednesday, August 8, 2012

So, how did you tell Nick?

I let Nick sleep the morning I found out I was pregnant. I wanted a little bit of time to process it myself, but I also wanted time to implement my plan to tell Nick.

I had this idea for a LONG time--probably over a year.

Nick and I like to go Geocaching. It's basically a "treasure" hunt,where people hide these caches all over the country, and then put the GPS coordinates on a website for people to find. We have done geocaching all over the place, so I thought it would be fun to make a geocache for Nick to find announcing my pregnancy.



I thought about going to the actual website and registering the cache, so that if Nick decided to get out his phone, he would see it, but I didn't want to run the risk of anyone else finding it first (awkward), and I also didn't want it to show up under my name to tip him off. I figured I would tell him I had been to the geocaching site and looked up some locations (which I did).

After work, I went and hid the cache in the park close to our house, and then I went home and waited for Nick to get home.  When he got home, I asked if he would take the dogs to the park with me. Thankfully, he said yes--I don't know what I would've done if he had said no!

When we got to the park, I told him I had looked up some geocaches, and it said there were 3 in the park. I told him were the two were that were actually registered, and told him about the extra one that I had put there.  Then, he proceeds to get out his phone to check.  GRR!  Noo!!!  He was like, "there are only 2 in this park."  I had to try to play dumb without giving away my secret.  Darn iPhone!!


We had the dogs in a part of the park away from the cache that I had planted because there was another dog there. I had to try to sneakily tell Nick to go to the right part of the park.


He kept arguing with me that there wasn't a cache listed in the location that I was saying. Inside, I was like, "I KNOW, you dork!" Finally, he was arguing so hard with me that I had to tell him that I had PUT one there. I said I had a surprise one for him.

I worried that he knew immediately what it was. But thankfully, he told me later that he didn't realize what it was until he opened it up and saw the letter. He thought it was cookies or something. :)


Finding the cache that would change his life!



Right after I stopped the video, he said, "Well, that will be fun."  So overly emotional, that Nick. :)

We are parents!!


3 comments:

  1. The video made me smile! He looks really happy! SOOO happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally getting around to checking your blog! Love these posts!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have I BEEN? Love that you got it on video.

    ReplyDelete