Friday, March 15, 2013

Baby Girl's Room...and Her Name!!

We have been announcing baby girl's name, and it is....

Avonlea Jeanne Walton!

Avonlea means, "A return to childlike faith, simple beauty, noble purity, and compassion for the least."

Jeanne, a Hebrew derivative of Jane, means, "God is gracious."

I have finally finished her room, and thought it was about time to post pictures of it! There are a couple of things that will be different, eventually. After Ashley and Dad leave, we will probably end up buying a crib. We aren't buying one now, because she won't really sleep in it right away, and we don't have room. Then we will move the futon. I also want to buy a glider chair and ottoman. I want to put it where the pack-n-play is, and move the pack-n-play to our living room. Nick isn't terribly keen on that idea, but we need a place to change Avonlea in the other room...and I really want the glider to be in her room! I have found it so peaceful in there. I often go in and sit and pray or read.

The view into the room from the hallway:


The finished dresser (yay!), lanterns, yarn letters I made, and the dogs poster that inspired my color choices. I will need to get a frame for the poster soon, right now it is stuck to the wall with blue painter's tape. :)


A front view of the finished dresser. Thanks to Nick for finishing the handles for me!!


The wall to the left when you come in the door. The cradle is from my room as a kid--Uncle Mel made it for me, and it holds some of my stuffed animals that made the trip out west. Nick's stuffed animals are on the shelf on the bottom, and her Star Wars collection is on the top shelf. :) Above the pack-n-play is a Lady and the Tramp vintage calendar poster that I need to get a frame for.  The wall on the right is a completely mirrored closet.


I made some green and brown bunting to go over the window. We'll need to do a curtain eventually, I think. But it never gets too bright in here because of the tree out back.


Avonlea's side of the closet.


The letters I made with her name:


The wreath with mom's brooches:


Her personalized diaper bag on a dog hook. :)


The fun mobile that mom's friend Robyn got for me, and the Lady and the Tramp poster.


I found these fun bookends online, and knew they would be a perfect addition to her room (also love the green vase I got for 25 cents at Ikea)!



I made these shelves from a photo I found online!


1 comment: