Saturday, January 2, 2010

You've been COUNTING?

As I said, Nick is the main reason why we didn't have kids right away.  I was also happy to not have kids.  About 2 years into our marriage, however, I was ready to have kids.  But I wanted it to be a mutual decision.  I've always had this fear that Nick would regret being "saddled with kids".  Like he's the main character in "Knocked Up" or "The Hangover".  Like he would be looking for every chance he could get to get out of it, or resent me for taking him away from his "man time" or something.  I never wanted to be that kind of girl.  I was willing to put my own wants and desires aside in order to make him happy--isn't that what marriage is about?

So, I never wanted to push.  And Nick never changed his mind.

Going into the month of November, I was just about to run out of my supply of pills, and I was going to need to order some more.  Right around that time, I told Nick that I was thinking about maybe not ordering any more, fully expecting his eyes to bug out.  Instead, it ended up being like this scene from "Friends", because Nick said, "That'd be okay."

WHAT?!?!?  (watch from the 4:30 to 5:50 mark)



I could not believe it!  He said "Yeah, I've been doing some counting.  It might be okay to wait a couple of more months, so that you're not getting pregnant when school is just starting, but I think it would be okay to stop preventing it."

My mouth literally dropped open, and I had trouble talking.  Then I stared into his eyes, and just kept asking him, "Are you serious?  You've been counting?  Are you serious?  You want to make a baby with me?  Are you serious?"  I just couldn't believe he was saying what he was saying!

He said that he had been thinking that we could stop protecting ourselves, and then one day I could have a creative way to tell him that I was pregnant.  He said, "That would be fun."  WHAT??  Worlds colliding, planets shifting...

After the initial shock (which didn't wear off for a couple of days), I was so excited.  So, we started our clean slate in November.  Of course, the time in November when I was ovulating he wouldn't touch me (HE HAD CHECKED ONLINE FOR WHEN THAT WOULD BE!).  :)  I cannot express how crazy it was (and still is) to me that he had checked on all of this stuff without even telling me.

Of course, then he became as sexy as hell to me.  :)  Not like he wasn't before, but this was now my super-sexy man who wanted to make a baby with me!  Hummina, hummina.  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment