Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wishing....and hoping....

It seems like everyone I know is having babies.  Again, I'm sure this is something that prospective moms feel like all the time.  But it's true!  On New Year's Eve, one of our friends announced that she was pregnant with her second baby.  She's a couple years younger than me, and she's on her second!  Girls I went to high school with are on their third, or fourth.  One girl even had her sixth already!  Am I way behind, or what?

And I feel like I'm seeing baby things all the time.  Everywhere I go there's commercials, movies, friends, cute baby clothes.  It's enough to make a girl go crazy.  I'm trying not to bug Nick about it.  It's hard when I feel like a bunch of the conversations with our friends end up going down the baby lane.  There's another girl that we go to church with that also has baby fever.  She and her husband are going to start trying soon (well, actually, they've started--she said first of the year), so our convos naturally head down that direction.  I'm trying not to let on that Nick and I are trying, though.  I just talk with her about how she's feeling.  I'm pretty sure she has no idea about us.

In fact, no one knows.  Well, that's not true.  I told my mom, dad, and sister that we had stopped preventing.  I also told my friends Sara, Pam, and Christy about this blog.  So, there's 6 people that know.  I want it to be a surprise.  On New Year's Eve, it was really fun for me.  We played this game called "The Game of Things".  (I won't take time to explain it here, but if you haven't played it with a group of friends, you should.  I'll let you borrow it, if you'd like!)  Anyways, a lot of the responses were about "making babies", or things of that nature.  And the people in our group were kidding around about how that response wouldn't belong to Nick!  They were also reminiscing about a time when one of them asked Nick to hold their baby for a second, and how Nick had held the kid so far away from himself.  :)  I laughed and teased right along with them, but inside, I'm thinking, "He wants to have a baby with me now!!"  I want to keep it a secret, because I CANNOT WAIT to see the faces of people when Nick and I announce that we're pregnant someday!

As excited as I am to have babies, I don't feel really anxious about it.  I'm enjoying my life.  I'm super busy.  I'm working on my school work (finally feeling like I'm on top of it).  I'm continuing to build my photography business.  I'm (mostly) keeping my home in order.  A baby would be nice, but I'm not stressed about it.  I'm just wishing and hoping...

2 comments: