Friday, August 9, 2013

No More of This!!!

Last night was my breaking point.

Avonlea was up every hour or two throughout the night, writhing and crying out in her uncomfortable cry. I tried several different swaddlings, and she was breaking out or trying to break out of everything I did.

Finally, at about 4am, I took her into the family room and stuck her in the swing where she slept for 3 hours, and I was able to get some sleep.

I can't do this anymore. So, today started the "sleep without a swaddle" training. It took her 45 minutes to fall asleep during her nap today, but then she slept for 2 hours out of the swaddle.

Tonight, she was EXHAUSTED. I put her in a sleep sack, and she fell asleep within 5 minutes. But we'll see how long she stays asleep.

Of course, I can't sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment