Wednesday, January 7, 2015

This Child Is Your Child...

...this child is MY child.

It's amazing how, even at 20 (almost 21!) months, Avonlea has so many similar traits to Nick and I! It is so true (and a little scary) how they adopt some of our behaviors and attributes, even at a young age. It makes be feel a deep sense of responsibility to be sure I am modeling good behavior for her.

I've started keeping a list, and I thought it would be fun to see them written out.

How Avonlea is like Nick:

* blonde hair
* skinny
* wakes up SO easily!
* likes spicy food and guacamole
* only sleeps in her bed
* loves being outdoors
* likes going on car rides
* loves the water

How Avonlea is like Me:

* brown eyes
* sings all the time
* loves Disney movies
* likes pasta and milk
* reads all the time
* takes super long naps
* needs food and naps to stay in a good mood

How Avonlea resembles BOTH of us:

* loves technology
* tall
* loves friends and being around people

I look forward to seeing how she will differ from both Nick and I, and develop bits of her own personality.

1 comment: