Tuesday, October 30, 2012

First Baby Items

It's time to let out a little secret: I have been secretly buying baby things for 3 years.

Even before Nick and I started trying officially, I bought this onesie. I didn't know if we would have a girl or boy, and I didn't even have a definite start date for having a baby, but I just knew I had to have this cute thing.


Last weekend I had a Girls' Weekend with my BFFs from Cedarville, and we went thrifting, and I bought some onesies there, too.


(what is really funny about these is that I'm not really a fan of onesies with words on them--and that seems to be what I have been buying!)

I also have a bag full of the other things I have bought in the past:


Gus was very interested in saying "hi" to Pluto. I have to be careful with ALL stuffed animals in this house, because they are my dogs' favorites!


Then, people have started giving me gifts. When I was in Ohio, my grandma gave me my first baby gifts! (actually had to check another bag to get all of this stuff home!)


Sara got me a fun, musical monkey; Jennifer gave me my first baby book; Jessie got me some beautiful, unisex burp cloths; and Amy made me one of her Lovey Loops blankets (I was really hoping she would make one for me--and it's Ohio State!) and a homemade Yoda hat! Awesome!


Finally, this is a poster I bought in January, 2011. I think I want it to be the theme for the baby's room. I love the modern twist on the cartoon dogs, and it is a good unisex choice, too.


Of course, Gus also wanted in, to remind me that he's the REAL LIVE dog in this house!


No comments:

Post a Comment