Thursday, July 16, 2015

Quick Post

I haven't written in a while. When wrangling a 2 year old and a 5 month old, my down time becomes do-as-much-as-I-can time, or more recently, do-as-little-as-possible time.

Aria is 5.5 months old now. Craziness! I don't know if it's because she's the 2nd, or if I'm just slower this time around, but I really feel like she's such a baby still. And then she'll go and do something that reminds me that she isn't a baby, she's growing up and learning and doing new things all the time. I mean, I can't get it in my head that she can start trying solid foods soon. Like, what?? I'm ready for that, but also so not.

She's firmly planted in our bed now. I haven't tried her in the pack-and-play for almost a week. Why? She just squirms and cries all night if I do, and I would like some SLEEP, thankyouverymuch.  I'm hoping it's a temporary arrangement. Nick and I have talked about getting the mattress for the crib we got off Craigslist to see if she'll sleep in it any better than she sleeps in our bed. It isn't too big of a deal right now, but she is getting bigger, and her feet are in the middle of my back all night long, which is a drag. I NEVER thought I would co-sleep, but these days, I do what I've gotta do to get some sleep. When she was in her pack-and-play, she was squirming and whining every 20-30 minutes. Ain't nobody got time for that nonsense!


Avonlea is awesome. She's funny and smart, and playful and expressive. She's mimicking everything we say, which makes us have to be a little more careful--not that we say too many bad phrases or anything, but when a toddler says "Aaaw, shoot!" sometimes it doesn't really sound the same, and we get strange looks in the store.


Sunni and I took the girls to the beach a few weeks ago. Aria loved laying on a blanket in the sand. Avonlea wasn't a big fan of the sand or the ocean, but she got used to it after a half hour or so, and spent the rest of the day building things in the sand with Sunni.




I'm so glad I get to spend every day with these beauties. I didn't do anything to deserve them, but I'll keep them.

1 comment:

  1. Love the update. They are precious. Aria's smile in that last picture is priceless.

    ReplyDelete