Saturday, March 13, 2010

Disjointed Thoughts

I haven't really been thinking about babies too much lately. I've been busy and stressed out with school, and my mom, and photography.  I've been playing soccer, and going to house church, and trying to train for a half-marathon that I am probably going to be walking now.  I have 100 hours of professional development to do in the next 2 months, and our kids are in the home stretch before testing, so there's a bunch of extra planning to do.

That's when you get pregnant, though, right?  When you're not thinking about it?

Well, the problem with being so busy is that you're too tired to do the deed that you need to do to get pregnant in the first place.

Oops.  Guess I'd better get on that.

My 31st birthday is this week.  I didn't think I'd hit 31 without a baby, but that's how life goes sometimes.  Guess 31 is my big year.  Christy says I shouldn't try to get pregnant around my birthday, because then we'll have a Christmas baby.  I guess right now I'm not too concerned about that.  Any baby will do right now. :)

I have been thinking about the day that I'll get to tell my mom and dad, and Nick.  I've been racking my brain to figure out how to do it.  I want it to be fun and special.  I can't think of anything unique.  Maybe doing some kind of picture or something.  Or a song.  Who knows.

Topic for next post: Seattle

2 comments:

  1. You'll think of something creative. I've always enjoyed the annoucement cards that Andrea sends out. Praying for you as you wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, and on the opposite - I didn't think that I would be 30 with two kids :) Life seems to take interesting twists and turns to lead us to the best things.

    Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete